Let’s face it fellas, we live in one of the most shallow times in human history, it’s a dog eat dog world out there and every bit of extra can help you, whether it’s in the professional world or the dating world, studies after studies show people really care about height, whether consciously or unconsciously.
So you want to add a bit of height, or the perception of being taller by picking shoes that look like everyday regular shoes that anyone else would be wearing.
You also want to take context into account, for example if you’re loving the extra 2-3 inches you get from a pair of leather work boots, maybe don’t wear them in the blistering summer heat. Different shoes for different occassions!
With that said, I’ve picked out 8 different shoes here that you can wear that both look great, and have the benefit of a thicker than average sole.
Top 8 Height Boosting Shoes
- Nike Air Max
- Oliver Cabell High Tops
- Height Increasing Boots
- Nike Air Force 1s
- CALTO Elevator Shoes
- Puma RS-X Efekt
- New Balance 990s
- Adidas Ultra Boost
- Bonus tip: height increasing insoles
That’s the list, so now let’s go 1 by 1 and see why every shoe listed works, and what context/occasion they work in.
This is a classic vintage Nike shoe that is both fashionable and can be used for athletic purposes. These are best worn in a casual setting, and avoid pairing them with a standard pair of straight blue jeans, they work best with something tapered. The added height from these shoes is a solid 1.5-1.75 inches.
Nike’s Air Max series is known for its iconic air cushioning, and several models offer a substantial boost in height. Here are some of the best Air Max options for that purpose:
- Nike Air Max 270: Features a large Air Max unit in the heel, providing around 1.25 inches of added height.
- Nike Air Max Plus: Also known as the “Tn,” this model includes an Air-Sole unit that adds approximately 1 to 1.25 inches of height.
- Nike Air VaporMax: With a unique full-length Air unit, these can add around 1.5 inches of height.
- Nike Air Max 90: A classic model that still adds about 1 inch of height, thanks to its visible Air unit in the heel.
- Nike Air Max Uptempo ’95: This basketball shoe includes a chunky sole with Air Max cushioning, providing around 1.25 to 1.5 inches of height.
The Oliver Cabell high top shoes have a pretty standard sole that will give you about an inch of height, but that’s not why we’re recommending them. These are the perfect shoes to pair with a pair of height increasing insoles. They’re high quality high tops made with italian calf leather – this makes them malleable and comfortable when wearing any type of insole.
They’re also stylish and in a great silhouette, so you can wear these as a casual shoe or as a more formal shoe because of the leather and the minimalist style. Overall if you’re going to wear a pair of insoles, we highly recommend these high tops.
Height Increasing Boots
Height-increasing boots are a popular choice for those seeking to add a subtle boost to their stature without sacrificing style or comfort. These boots are designed with thicker soles, platforms, or heels, which can elevate the wearer by an inch or more, depending on the specific model and design.
From rugged outdoor wear to sleek and fashionable urban styles, height-increasing boots offer a versatile option for both practicality and aesthetics, allowing individuals to stand taller with confidence.
Height-increasing boots combine fashion with the practicality of adding extra height. Here’s a list of various boots we recommend:
- Velasca ‘Resegott’: Velasca offers various elegant and well-crafted boots. While they may not specifically market them as height-increasing, their heeled designs can add approximately 1 to 1.5 inches.
- Dr. Martens Jadon Platform Boots: These iconic boots have a platform sole, adding around 1.75 to 2 inches in height.
- Timberland Earthkeepers: With a solid sole and additional heel, these can add around 1 to 1.5 inches.
- Red Wing Iron Ranger: Known for their rugged style, these boots typically add around 1 to 1.25 inches of height.
If you head outside right now, and look at what the average person is wearing on their feet, you’ll see a whole lot of AF1s. They’re a clean and crispy white sneaker that go great with pretty much everything. They have a super thick sole that provides a 1.25-1.50 inches of height which is an awesome benefit.
Calto is a brand that specializes in height-increasing shoes, offering a wide range of stylish footwear designed to discreetly add extra inches to a wearer’s height.
By incorporating lifts within the shoe, often in combination with thicker soles, Calto can add anywhere from 2 to 5 inches to a person’s stature.
Known for their comfort and quality, Calto’s height-increasing shoes are designed to blend seamlessly with contemporary fashion, allowing wearers to enjoy the benefits of added height without sacrificing style.
- Click here to check out CALTO.
The Puma RS-X Efekt Premium Sneakers are part of Puma’s RS (Running System) line, which emphasizes both style and comfort. With its chunky and bold sole design, the RS-X Efekt Premium not only stands out aesthetically but also provides a noticeable height boost.
Here are some models with chunky soles that are similar to the PUMA RS-X series and typically provide extra height:
- Adidas Ozweego Men’s: This shoe offers a retro look with modern comfort, and the thick sole adds around 1 to 1.5 inches.
The New Balance 990s are somewhat similar to the Air Maxes we listed earlier, but they do have the benefit of being New Balances, which are a lot comfier and sturdier for those with a wider foot. Don’t ignore the New Balance wave! They’re quickly becoming an iconic fashion staple in their own right.
I have quite the soft spot for these sneakers, and not just because they’re the softest and comfiest sneakers I’ve ever worn. If you’re looking for a height boosting shoe while doing athletics like running, sprinting, jumping or just a casual great looking shoe that adds a solid 1.5 inches of height, I’d definitely opt for a pair of Ultra Boost.
An easy way to make pretty much any of your shoes give you more height is by getting some insoles that add an inch or two. Usually these are just called height increasing insoles and they work best with high tops shoes or boots.
I do not recommend using them with low top sneakers at all. Otherwise, these are an amazing option.