Put simply, looksmax is the idea of maximizing your looks in every way possible. It’s like creating a character in a video game and trying to use as many points as you can in enhancing the looks bar stat.
However, real life is different. Some people start with most of the bar already filled up (the genetically gifted) and others will only have a little bit filled and will need to grind out and farm more points to reach the same level.
Step one is always to build a strong foundation. Think of step one as level one, mostly because it’s easier to explain things in video game analogies. You’re not going to get past this level unless you meet the required criteria. Building a foundation is straightforward but is the most important part of the looksmaxing journey.
- Start a skincare routine: Get a cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Keep it simple. The brands we recommend are all dermatologist-recommended and fit all price budgets. Our article on the perfect skincare routine is a must read.
- Clean up your diet: Eat whole foods. Your daily diet should include fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and complex carbohydrates. If you don’t have time to cook or hate cooking, get a slow cooker. It’s the best investment you’ll make for your health.
- Get plenty of sleep: Limit blue light exposure an hour before bed and get 7-8 hours of sleep at night. Not all 8 hours are the same. Sleeping at 4 AM and waking up mid-afternoon might technically be 8 hours, but it’s not nearly as refreshing. Sleep at an appropriate time.
- Start a workout routine (calisthenics, weight training, a sport): I recommend going to the gym 3-5 days a week, doing either an upper lower or a push-pull legs split.
- Do Cardio: Don’t listen to people that say cardio is useless. It has incredible effects on circulation which makes you look better and keeps you lean. You don’t need to go crazy. 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 12 incline and 3 mph is an amazing cardio workout. Do this a couple of times a week.
- Stay hydrated: Buy a giant water bottle and keep track of your water intake until it becomes second nature to always stay hydrated.
- Maintain oral hygiene: Floss every single day. I recommend a water flosser; they’re super useful. Buy a high-quality electric toothbrush. Use a tongue scraper to keep your breath fresh. Use whitening strips to keep your teeth white.
- Revamp your wardrobe: Start buying high quality garments that are classic and timeless but also not super outdated. Here are a few brands I highly recommend:
- Start taking a Vitamin D supplement. Almost all of us are deficient, especially if you have darker skin. Get the ones with the dropper that goes under your tongue. It absorbs better.
- Start taking a collagen supplement. Overall it just has a ton of benefits from skin, to hair, to muscle and joint recovery.
If you have completed or at least started all of these, you can start thinking about moving to Level 2. Otherwise, don’t put the cart before the horse. Build a strong foundation.
Welcome to Level 2. Hopefully, you have a good foundation to really kickstart your looksmaxing journey.
In this step, we’re not going to add anything crazy, but we do want to improve what you already have. The easiest way to do this is to start from top to bottom, beginning with your hair.
- Start a hair routine: Grab a non-stripping gentle shampoo and learn to shampoo properly. Most guys have no idea how to do this. Grab a nourishing conditioner and learn to use it. Conditioner only goes on the middle and ends of your hair, never the scalp. Adding a bit of rosemary oil to your shampoo can help with thickening your hair, keeping it healthy and nourishing your scalp.
- Keep your scalp healthy by exfoliating it with a scalp brush: If you have dandruff use a shampoo like Nizoral. Know the difference between a dry scalp and dandruff. It is not the same thing at all.
- If you’re balding, get on treatment (minoxidil, finasteride, microneedling)
- Find a nice haircut: This requires some experimenting. Ask your barber what kind of hairstyle works for you. Use a lightweight pomade to style your hair. Use sea salt spray if you want to get a beachy, messy look.
Now let’s move onto your facial hair and eyebrows:
- Fix your eyebrows. For most men, this just means cleaning around your eyebrows and in the middle but keeping them a nice natural and masculine shape. Never go too thin. Eyebrows are pretty individual, some guys look good with unruly eyebrows, and others look terrible.
- If you have patchy/weak facial hair, get a dermaroller & minoxidil to beardmax or clean shave at all times.
- Find an appropriate facial hair style for you.
The next level is facial aesthetics maxing. Let’s get right to it.
- Improve your complexion with a natural tan from the inside: This means eating plenty of veggies with beta carotene in it or taking a beta carotene supplement. This gives you a nice attractive glow.
- Mewing: This is a long-term play, but it could help you with improving your jawline.
- Have clear lips: Apply Aquaphor or Vaseline before bed and wash away the dead skin in the morning.
- Use under-eye masks: These tighten and refresh your under-eyes making you look less tired and more energized.
- Use a Gua Sha: This tool is used for facial massages. It can help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, it stimulates collagen production, it reduces puffiness and inflammation, and it improves facial circulation which will reduce dark circles.
Once you have your physique, hair, and face down, you can start to move on to fashion. Find a unique style that suits you and makes you stand out. We have a ton of videos and article on different styles that you can go and check out.
By this point, you will have maximized your looks quite significantly. For any of the products listed, check out our Amazon page.
Remember, there is nothing wrong with wanting to change something about yourself if you’ve done your research and you’ve thought about it a lot.