One of the most popular hairstyles of as of now is “the flow”, which is a type of hairstyle that looks exactly like it sounds – it flows back and is considered more of a medium length to long hairstyle for men.
So how exactly do you grow a flow? Don’t make the mistake of thinking you just need to grow your hair longer, a flow might not take a lot of haircutting to achieve, but you need healthy, moisturized and thick strong hair for it to actually look good.
The best way to show you, is by examples:
The first thing you’ll notice about all of these hairstyles it that they’re:
- ‘Flowed’ Back
So how exactly do you get this kind of hair? That’s what I’m here to answer.
How to Grow a Perfect Flow
1. Understand the Commitment: The journey to a flow hairstyle can take several months to a year, depending on your hair’s growth rate and the desired length. Be prepared for awkward phases where your hair may be difficult to style.
2. Start with a Trim: Begin with healthy hair. Get a trim to remove split ends and ensure even growth. Discuss your long-term goal with your hairstylist so they can shape your hair appropriately as it grows.
3. Establish a Hair Care Routine: Invest in high-quality shampoo and conditioner suitable for your hair type. Wash your hair 2-3 times a week to prevent stripping it of natural oils essential for healthy growth.
Secret Sauce: Use Flow Serum. It has A variety of nourishing natural ingredients that will help you grow stronger, thicker, more moisturized hair.
4. Brush Regularly: Gently brush your hair daily with a wide-tooth comb or a brush with natural bristles to prevent tangles and stimulate blood flow to the scalp, promoting growth.
5. Maintain a Healthy Diet: Hair health is significantly influenced by nutrition. Incorporate a balanced diet rich in proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins (A, C, E, and B vitamins), and minerals like zinc and iron.
6. Stay Hydrated: Hydration is key. Drinking plenty of water ensures that the hair follicle is supplied with the necessary moisture to grow healthy hair.
7. Trim as Needed: While your goal is to grow your hair out, occasional trims are necessary to keep split ends at bay and maintain the health of your hair.
8. Be Patient with Hair Phases: As your hair grows, it will go through various stages. Learn to style your hair in ways that complement each length stage, using products like pomades, waxes, or creams that do not contain harmful sulfates and parabens.
9. Protect Your Hair: When participating in activities that could damage your hair, such as swimming in chlorinated water or being out in the sun for extended periods, take steps to protect it. Use a swim cap and apply hair products with UV protection.
10. Embrace the Flow: Once your hair reaches the desired length, enjoy styling it. The flow hairstyle allows for versatility, whether you prefer to wear it down or tie it up in a man bun.
11. Regular Maintenance: Even after achieving the flow, regular maintenance is crucial. Continue with your hair care routine, and visit your hairstylist for light trims and shaping to keep your hair looking its best.
It might seem like a lot of steps, but it really isn’t hard to do. Do all of this and you will finally achieve a majestic flow.