This post is sponsored by Bonobos!
When it comes to building a great wardrobe, I always like to stress the importance of building a great foundation.
It doesn’t quite make sense to go out and buy crazy statement pieces when you don’t even own the basics, right?
And by basics I mean PROPER basics, this means well fitted, high quality basics, which is just one clothing category that Bonobos does so well.
Every great foundation starts from the ground up, and that’s where our focus will be.
If nothing else, what you put on your feet should be versatile.
I’m sure we all own a pair of sneakers, but do you own a pair of boots?
My favorite piece of versatile footwear is a pair of black chelsea boots.
What other piece of footwear can you so seamlessly rock with burgundy chinos?
- Made in Italy.
- High quality construction: Blake stitch leather soles for heavy duty wear & tear
- Comfort: Stacked leather / rubber heel for comfort. Padded insole. Padding at tongue and collar.
- Style: In my opinion, this is the perfect style of Chelsea boots. They’re not too chunky or too slim.
- Price: Pretty unbeatable at under $300.
Now you’re not limited to chelsea boots. Bonobos has some other amazing footwear. 6 Styles all under $300.
Here are some of my other favorite shoes:
The Stretch Eco Jeans by Bonobos are my favorite jeans at the moment for a variety of reasons.
When it comes to pants, the trend at the moment are pants that have that slight cropped look.
They’re well fitting but end just slightly above the ankle, making it possible to easily pull off the no sock look.
Pants: Bonobos Stretch Eco Jeans in Grey Haze Wash
- Materials: Made with 98% Certified Organic Cotton | 2% Elastane
- Styles: Comes in 3 washes
- Details: Thoughtfully sourced metal hardware; OKEO-TEX & FSC certified branded paper patch; Zipper tape made with 95% recycled polyester
- Eco-friendly: Factory is LEED-Certified; Recycled 98% of its water
Tops that look great with a pair of eco-jeans:
Conclusion: building a strong wardrobe requires versatility and building from the ground up. This means buying high quality basics that can be worn with practically anything.
Focus on neutral colors, high quality materials and well-fitting pieces.