Palewave is a very popular aesthetic that typically starts to gain more and more traction as summer starts to hit.
Palewave centers around muted and pale colors with a very relaxed and comfy vibe. One of the main draws of Palewave is that it is an aesthetic that can be had for quite cheap.
So, if you’re looking for a new look this summer but money is tight, maybe give Palewave a try.
Palewave centers around really light and muted colors. These colors naturally give off a very chill and relaxed vibe.
But it’s obviously not a rigid rule that every individual piece in your outfit has to be a palewave color.
You can mix and match these light colors with darker and louder colors if the outfit works with them.
Key pieces in Palewave
Palewave, like any other aesthetic, has its essentials. Here is a list of what I consider to be necessary items to this look. Bear in mind, this list is tailored to spring summer.
- Basic Tees in pale/muted colors. Absolute essentials in my opinion are:
- Pale Pink
- Pale Blue
Related post: Best plain t-shirts for men
- Lightwash Jeans. Lightwash jeans are crucial to the palewave look. Get a nice skinny pair and then maybe a baggier pair to roll up for a cropped effect. Also consider some lightwash or white denim shorts.
Related post: Best jeans for men
- Low Profile White / Light Sneakers. Possibly the most important item. These will be your beaters so choose wisely. Cheaper options for this are Stan Smiths and Vans Old Skools. For a higher quality option go for Common Projects Achilles Lows (which we recently did an article on if you want more information)
Related post: Best white sneakers for men
- Sand/Beige Bomber. This will be your light jacket for the spring/summer nights. IT works well with everything mentioned above and fits the aesthetic perfectly. These can be had at the likes of HM, Topman, and Zara for cheap.
- Sweatshirts / Hoodies. For those summer nights or chillier summer days nothing looks better with the palewave look than a light colored comfy hoodie or sweatshirt. Grey, sand, light blue and light pink are my favorite colors for sweatshirts.
Related post: Best hoodies for men
As you can probably see, because of all of the lighter, muted colors, this look is perfect for the summer. But don’t think its exclusively for the warmer months, it looks great all year round. If you want a new look and this appeals to you, I highly recommend trying it. Using this guide as a basis, you’ll look great in no time.