Denim jackets have stood the test of time, breaking industrial barriers and making its way onto the high-fashion scene. From being a beat-up piece of clothing, it has transformed into one of the hottest items on the market.
It’s a testament to what hard work and manual labor can do – the “jean jacket”, as our predecessors have called it, is considered as one of the most versatile pieces that you could own at any given time. As you may have seen it, this blue-collar marvel can jazz-up any ensemble in more ways than one.
Scroll on over as we give you a list of our top denim jacket picks that you can sport on various occasions!
5 Best Denim Jackets: Our Top List
|Levi's Trucker Jacket||$89.50|
|Liquor N Poker Denim Jacket Classic||$64.00|
|Uniqlo Men Denim Jacket||$39.90|
|Everlane The Denim Jacket||$88.00|
|Weekday Sip Indigo Denim Jacket||$70.00|
1) Levi’s Denim Jacket: The trucker jacket that works just as hard as you
If you’re looking for a jacket that goes beyond the laws of fashion (simplicity, comfort, and style all rolled into one), then look no further – this trucker jacket from Levi’s is every rule broken, and one of the most basic pieces that every man should own in his lifetime.
This Levi’s original is the iconic jean jacket engineered in 1967, made with 100% cotton and denim for your comfort.
Even if you dress it up or down, or even go in between sizes (loose or fitted), you’re sure to find a great look that you can call your own. It even has signature branded metal buttons and the trademark “V” stitches – the unmistakable touches that make this totally worth every penny.
2) Liquor N Poker Denim Jacket: Stonewashed for the evening
Fancy something lighter? Well then, we’ve got something just for you – this Liquor N Poker classic denim trucker jacket is obviously a real winner. Made with 100% cotton (lightweight denim) material, it has a spread collar and button placket, with functional pockets to give you more room for your essentials. Just imagine the versatility of this piece!
It comes in a regular fit, which makes it the perfect fall accessory. Cool, collected and comfortable – it’s everything you’d want in a denim jacket. We know.
3) Uniqlo Men Denim Jacket: A darker wash that may be a *bit* cooler than you
A powerhouse in Japanese fashion, Uniqlo’s unmistakably streamlined and collected take on the denim jacket is a modern silhouette that’ll surely look good on almost any body type. The best part about it is that it’s made with comfortable stretch denim, which is breathable and made to fit your size accordingly.
We also love its wide-fit design, which also provides a better fit on the sleeves. It still features two functional pockets on each side, making it another contender in the everyday-jacket category.
4) Everlane The Denim Jacket: Your soon-to-be everyday uniform in a regular wash
Creatures of habit will tell you that a uniform will save you valuable minutes every single day. So, why don’t we make that choice for you? Everlane’s take on the denim jacket will surely be your next favorite, and for good reasons!
It has steel-capped brass buttons and internal drop-in pockets, which add up to its appeal, making it so easy on the eyes. Since it comes in a relaxed fit, it is good to wear especially when you’re putting on layers. Don’t sweat it – we’ve got your uniform covered.
5) Weekday Indigo Denim Jacket: Your work-day jacket, reimagined
The office is a battlefield. Don’t you just wanna zip it all up and carry on? With the Weekday Sip Indigo Denim Jacket, you’re sure to stay snug and comfortable.
It’s a classic design combined with well-thought-out details and premium materials. Made with 100% organic cotton, it features a softly washed mid-blue, which goes well with most shades. Since it has a concealed zipper along the front, it’s easier to wear and more put-together. You’ll surely love the minimalist approach to this piece.
How To Style a Denim Jacket
There are various approaches to styling a denim jacket that you can do, such as:
Denim Jacket + Plain Tee
- This approach relies heavily on the kind of shirt that you pair it off – not too translucent and baggy, and nothing too heavy on the neck.
Denim Jacket + Black Jeans
- Black jeans make the blues pop: Denim on denim used to be the 00s Britney/Justin nightmares, but you can never go wrong with black on blue, even when they come from the same material. (This also works well with the white tee we mentioned above.)
Denim Jacket + Chinos
- A classic combo that’s as old as time. Get a pair of chinos in a versatile color. Pair it with a pair of brown leather boots. The perfect match!
- Say “Athleisure”: Don’t say we didn’t warn you – the Supremes and Yeezy’s all throw a nod to the classic denim jacket, simply because they all work so well together! Throw in some joggers, your favorite sneaks and that weekend hoodie, and you’re all set.
And there you have it! We hope you’re all set – don’t be afraid to switch up your look and try new things this season. With your trusty denim jacket in tow, it’s going to be a breeze.
What is the Best Fit for A Denim Jacket?
The ideal cut should sit around your waist. The jacket should neither look too long nor too short. If it’s too long then it will look like an untucked shirt. If it’s too short then the jacket may look too feminine. So it’s important to get the right fit when you buy a denim jacket.
One way to do this is by examining the effect of the jacket on your figure. If the jacket makes you look slimmer then you’ve chosen a good jacket. If not then you should keep looking.