A Henley shirt is a collarless, versatile pullover with a usually round neckline (think crew neck shirts, but maybe a bit more relaxed) that’s easy to wear.
It’s easily recognizable since it has a placket or strip below the neckline, which features some buttons for closure. You may even have one already lying around since it’s a staple in most people’s closets.
It’s as timeless as the notorious plain white shirt, minus the risk of an underwhelming reaction.
Today, we will show you five of the best Henleys available on the market. We’ve carefully selected a range, which is meant to suit various tastes and body types. Let’s head on out, shall we?
The Best Henley’s For Men: Our Top Picks
1) Amazon Essentials Henley: Not your ordinary Henley
As far as essentials as concerned, this Amazon Essentials Regular-Fit Long-Sleeve Henley is something that checks all of our boxes. Its streamlined design and relaxed fit are both unparalleled – imagine all of the styles that you can build on this piece! We couldn’t get enough of this casual shirt, and we believe you’ll feel the same way about it.
Made with 100% cotton, this versatile shirt is made for everyday wear, as it is easy to wash and made with a straight hem. This regular-fit long-sleeved ensemble is definitely a steal, considering that it’s everything in a shirt that you’re looking for. Great fit and a great price, who could say no to that?
Best part: It comes in an array of colors (even dual tones) to choose from, so you wouldn’t have to worry about mixing and matching…at all!
2) PEGENO Henley: The Henley with an effortless appeal
With this Henley design, you’re given the freedom to choose – long-sleeved or short-sleeved, this design by Pegeno is set to be your favorite daytime companion, considering that its slim fit design and three-button closure offers a flattering silhouette. It’s also a good option if you’re looking to layer-up this season since it clings so effortlessly onto the contours of your body. It’s made with 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex, making it suitable for various daily activities.
We love the array of colors that you can choose to complete the look you’re going for, but for this set, we really love the neutrals (black, grey, dark blue). If it gets a bit warm outside, the short-sleeves are also great for everyday wear.
3) Carhartt Henley: A workplace Henley for your consideration
Surprisingly, all the minor details found on this Henley adds up to its total appeal. Made with 100% cotton with a three-button closure (nothing too constricting around the neck), this Workwear Pocket Long Sleeve Henley is something that may be up your alley. It has a comfortable rib-knit collar with side-seamed construction that minimizes twisting and loss of form.
It also has a big left-chest pocket, which is cool for some loose change and other important things (like your phone). If you’re looking for another workplace ensemble, you may want to get this Henley, with two shades to choose from (Carbon Heather and Chili).
4) Eddie Bauer Henley: Something ribbed, something textured, something for you
Oh yes, another one in the Henley basket – the Eddie Bauer Thermal Henley Shirt that features a ribbed design mimicking slick lines going along the body’s frame, making it a flattering choice for most body types. This crewneck shirt has a distinct waffle-knit texture that clings effortlessly onto your body, creating a slim yet comfortable fit.
This bestseller by Eddie Bauer is all about the wearer’s comfort, paired with a great eye for design and overall regard for quality material. This piece is made to stand the test of time and can hold up its shape even with countless washes – truly a wise investment for the smart shopper.
5) J.Crew Henley: A basic Henley that makes a statement
Want to make a statement without trying too hard, or spending too much? This long-sleeved Henley by J.Crew is worth every penny! It is made with 100% cotton and features rib trim at the neck, which is intended for maximum comfort and a great fit. The J. Crew Henley features a placket with three buttons – open ‘em up as you wish, or keep them reserved for warmer days.
It also comes in great shades to choose from, with warmer tones that are great for fall and the holidays.
How To Style a Henley
There are a couple of ways to style a Henley, depending on the occasion and time of the year:
- The Henley and Chinos (and optional vest): Channel Chris Hemsworth and throw in some chinos together with your Henley. This outfit sends “weekend getaway” vibes very easily, particularly because it makes the wearer pretty relaxed and ready to row some boats (or even a few drinks). Vests are optional, but totally welcome.
- The Henley and Athleisure: Yes, we won’t end this list without figuring out how to make both of these worlds collide. Put on your favorite joggers and layer on your favorite hoodie for an epic combination. Oh, and throw in those cool new kicks, too.
- The Henley, and Shorts: You heard that right. This relaxed vibe is something that’s proven and tested, with all points of comfort considered. If you’re up for the look’s completion, grab your basic backpack and let’s hit the streets!
And that’s how you do it! We hope you enjoyed scrolling through our Henley guide. It’s great to pick-out these kinds of basics, as they go with most of the items in our wardrobe, saving us much time and effort every single day. Good luck!