Chinos are the ultimate upgrade to the pants section of your wardrobe.
There’s just a certain appeal that comes with a pair of chinos compared to your usual denim jeans.
With chinos, it’s more liberating. Imagine putting on some pretty unassuming navy chinos, which are much more subtle, comfortable and better-looking.
Whatever the occasion, there’s a pair of chinos that’s perfect for you.
The 5 Best Chinos: Our Top List
1) Banana Republic Chinos: A slim-fit chino for date night (and late nights at work)
Ah, yes. The notorious chino in a slim fit, reminiscent of Saturday barbecues and movie nights with your S.O….or just the late nights at work, since it is THAT versatile.
Made with 97% cotton and 3% Spandex (both soft and breathable materials), this is the perfect pair to cop when you’re looking for a more relaxed pair of trousers.
It also fits well through the hip, with a slim leg opening and added stretch for your benefit.
Make your workweek a bit more stylish with this basic piece, which you can layer with other items in your wardrobe (i.e. a dress shirt that comes in a neutral color, or a blazer over a white tee combo).
2) J.Crew Chinos: The cotton twill pair of your fantasies
Another chino that’s a contender in the slim-fit category, made with 99% cotton and 1% elastane, we love how put-together this stretchy chino from J.Crew is.
With a convenient zipper closure and an added stretch for everyday wear, you’ll surely want it in every color possible! Imagine all the styles that you can come up with.
Since it’s cut into a slim fit, it’s ideal for weekend activities that may require more movement and additional legroom.
It’s very comfortable, as it sits below the waist and narrows down along the legs, emphasizing a modern silhouette. We know you want it!
3) Goodthreads Chinos: A functional pair of chinos for the guy-on-the-go
The athletic fit for the guy who’s looking for more? We’re giving you Goodthreads Men’s Athletic-fit 5-pocket Chino Pants – one of the most versatile and functional pieces that you can don from every workweek up to the weekends.
It is made with 99% cotton and 1% elastane, making it one of the most comfortable pieces you could ever have.
What we love about it is its jean-inspired silhouette, which provides a bridge between your laidback and dressier ensembles.
It also has a roomier cut throughout the hip and thigh, sits at the waist and stretches up nicely below for a better fit.
4) Bonobos Chinos: Washed for your benefit
Are you looking for a more office-friendly pair of chinos? Are you sick and tired of the usual dress pants, which kinda throw your whole aesthetic down (and possibly suck in terms of comfort)?
Look no further, Bonobos Men’s Stretch Washed Chino Pants will make your office ensemble a million times more bearable!
Made with 98% cotton and 2% Lycra, this pair of pants will surely work just as hard as you in terms of comfort, versatility, and overall appeal.
If you’re a fan of jeans with a more relaxed fit, then this may be the pair of chinos for you. Don’t skimp on the good stuff, kiddo.
5) Match Men’s Chinos: Tapered and sleek for the executive on a holiday
That classic flat front, and an unmistakable slim fit that gives any outfit that much needed “oomph” – you’re looking at Match Men’s Slim Tapered Stretch Casual Pants, which is set to be your next casual wear staple.
It fits well and sits at the waist, with a zip fly and button closure. It even has two side seam pockets and two back welt pockets, which gives you room for your essentials.
It is made with high quality stretch fabric, which makes dress-up such a breeze. These pants are very comfortable, and suitable for daily wear. Yes, you can mix business with pleasure.
How To Style Chinos
If you’re just starting out with building your own signature wardrobe, it’s best to stick with neutrals (black, navy blue, earth colors such as dark brown/tan, etc.) just so you have a good foundation to work on. Nothing too fancy, just the basics.
Here are other ideas on how to style your chinos, depending on the occasion:
- We know that chinos can be upgraded into your new office-friendly outfit, with blazers and button-downs that come in contrasting colors. You can also throw on a denim jacket just to make your look more relaxed and fun.
- Yes, the most basic of ‘em all, the plain sweatshirt and some chinos. If you’re looking for a pop of color, you can opt for a bright red pair of chinos (or any bright, energizing shade) to complete the look, as this would offer a refreshing contrast.
- Chinos and any type of button-down shirt for that matter make an amazing combo. The list is endless and may go on forever, so we’ll just tell you one last thing – it’s all up to you. You can even throw in your favorite boots for a more rugged vibe.