Overcoats are hugely in fashion this year and for good reason. They give off a sophisticated business friendly vibe but at the same time they can be infused and worn in casual and even streetwear inspired outfits.
This should immediately tell you that an overcoat is an extremely versatile piece of menswear that has been in style for many decades – and it’s only getting more popular as we see different cuts and styles being released.
The camel overcoat, in particular, has become very popular amongst men in 2016-2017. This colorway gives off a luxe vibe (much like a pair of suede Chelsea boots) It’s the perfect piece of outerwear for layering during the winter.
How Overcoats Should Fit
The golden rules when buying an overcoat are:
- Go for slim fitting. You don’t want a bulky, boxy overcoat. At that point, you might as well get a parka instead which would provide more warmth and function.
- Overcoats should end just above the knee. There is, of course, exceptions to this (depending on the style of overcoat). But as a general rule, overcoats should end just above the knee.
Ways to Wear A Camel Overcoat
The great thing about camel overcoats is how versatile they are.
You can wear them in a variety of outfits. Here are my 3 favorite ways to wear a camel overcoat:
- Business Style: This is the classic men’s wear style of wearing an overcoat. Very professional and work friendly.
- Casual Style: Put on a pair of jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt. Little chili outside? Put on an overcoat. It will give your outfit a whole new vibe and it works great.
- Street Style: Ripped Jeans, Chelsea boots and other streetwear essentials work great with an overcoat.
Buying The Best Camel Overcoat
When you’re looking to buy a brand new camel overcoat, you want to get it right the first time.
Slim fitting, neat trim right above the knee and a great fit around the shoulders.
Here are my 3 recommendations for the best camel overcoats for men.
Enjoyed this post? You’ll love: